Wally

Default After upgrading to Office 2003 my Office 2000 word document layou.

After i upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000 all of my previously created
Word documents are all messed up. It is like the margins and fonts are all
goofed up. Is there a way to fix them without recreating every document?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Wally,

Can you be a bit more specific on the differences?

Are you using the same printer driver as before?

Are the same fonts available?

If you change the settings to 'Word 2000' in
Tools=Options=Compatability, does that make a difference?

Word is text reflow software rather than page layout,
so things can look quite a bit 'off' with some unexpected
outside influences as well as trying to 'force' a
certain apperance in one version by using direct formatting
rather than styles, or having the same style names with
different definitions for the style when moving between
versions or computers.

==========

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Wally

Bob thanks for the contact. I am using the same printer driver and
everything. I only ran the office 2003 upgrade. My documents have simple
graphics,(business card scans), text boxes and a couple of tables in them.
They are resumes and I really don't feel like recreating all of them. I
already tried setting my settings to 2000. no change.

The graphics from the top of the page are in the middle, the bottom textbox
is nowwhere to be found and the main table(3 col, 30 rows) has all of the row
sizes wrong (no specific pattern).

When I try to drag the graphics back to where they belong they just pop back
to the middle of the page. My machine is clean, no virus, or spyware. The
documents aren't that complicated.
,
I created a new document cut and pasted the graphics from the old doc and
then the tables. I did notice today that in the tables the conversion didn't
keep the fonts I had originally. An there is stuf underlined and bold that
wasn't before the upgrade. I don't have any custom fonts - just what came
with 2000. The machine is running WinXP SP2 and is current on all patches.
I had it all up todate right before the upgrade and installed all recommended
patches after the upgrade.

Wally