Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Sorting

I have Word 2000, Wind98 SE, IE6 and OE6

I am totally new to spreadsheets and have not taken a course on the
subject. I am using a spread sheet to monitor a crown green bowling
teams' performance. I have set it up and I have three columns which are
troubling me: One shows the participants, the other the individual
points and the other the individual shots. The latter two columns will,
of course, become accumulation points and shots.

Once a month I need to show the 'points' and 'shots' in ascending order
and consecutive, against the relevant participants, but the 'sort'
facility merely turns the respective columns upside down. If only I had
'Table'-Sort' from Word!!

Can you assist please.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you asked in the Excel forum?
But by the way, in Excel, use the Sort function under Data menu, where (like
Word) you have three sort criteria you can use.
All the best
DeanH

"Emrys Davies" wrote:

I have Word 2000, Wind98 SE, IE6 and OE6

I am totally new to spreadsheets and have not taken a course on the
subject. I am using a spread sheet to monitor a crown green bowling
teams' performance. I have set it up and I have three columns which are
troubling me: One shows the participants, the other the individual
points and the other the individual shots. The latter two columns will,
of course, become accumulation points and shots.

Once a month I need to show the 'points' and 'shots' in ascending order
and consecutive, against the relevant participants, but the 'sort'
facility merely turns the respective columns upside down. If only I had
'Table'-Sort' from Word!!

Can you assist please.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Thanks DeanH. I do not have Excel and that is what is needed, I think.

Thanks again,
Emrys Davies.

"Emrys Davies" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you don't have Excel what program are you using to open the spreadsheet?

That program must have a Sort feature otherwise you wouldn't be able to
determine that:

the 'sort' facility merely turns the respective columns upside down.

That program's Help or a group that deals with that software should be able
to point you in the right direction. Without even knowing what that program
is - let alone how it works - there isn't much anyone here can suggest.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Emrys Davies" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

I now have Microsoft Exel 2000 (9.0.2720). How can I find an Exel
forum?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

.. .

"Emrys Davies" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It helps if you start by looking for Excel (not Exel). See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx

http://word.mvps.org

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
I now have Microsoft Exel 2000 (9.0.2720). How can I find an Exel
forum?

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

.. .

sorting Melissa Mailmerge 3 December 1st 06 01:53 PM
sorting Melissa Mailmerge 1 November 30th 06 10:57 AM
sorting gking Microsoft Word Help 2 May 22nd 06 07:22 PM
sorting by last name CMDS Mailmerge 1 December 10th 05 04:25 PM
Sorting Cinnamon Microsoft Word Help 2 August 25th 05 01:34 AM