Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vdel vdel is offline

Default Master documents in Word 2007

There is no help on Master Documents in Word 2007. As I teach an examination
which requires Master documents in Word, I cannot use the Insert, File
option, even if it is the best way for some things, as it does not include
collapsing subdocuments etc. Have Master Documents disappeared as we knew
them in 2003? I'd appreciate any help. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you switch to Outline view, you will see the commands for dealing with
master documents on the Outlining tab of the ribbon.

But note that master documents are considered buggy, which is why many users
avoid them.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP