Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yellowhouse1976 yellowhouse1976 is offline

Default Setting up page layout for a5 to double up on a4 paper

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can
print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on each
page.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Assuming this is Word 2000 or later, on the Paper tab of Page Setup, select
A4 as the paper size. On the Margins tab, under "Multiple pages," select "2
pages per sheet." If you create the A5 page only once, then you'll need to
put "1,1" in the Pages box in the Print dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"yellowhouse1976" wrote in
message ...
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can
print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on
each
page.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yellowhouse1976 yellowhouse1976 is offline

Hi Suzanne

Thanks for replying. Yes I am using MS Word 2003 with SP3. I tried that
using a test document and after I had selected "2 pages per sheet" each
original A4 page was then spilt across 2 landscape A5 pages.

Maybe I wasnt clear enough about what I am trying to do. I want to be able
to have identical A5 pages side by side portrait so that they can be print on
one single A4 sheet.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming this is Word 2000 or later, on the Paper tab of Page Setup, select
A4 as the paper size. On the Margins tab, under "Multiple pages," select "2
pages per sheet." If you create the A5 page only once, then you'll need to
put "1,1" in the Pages box in the Print dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"yellowhouse1976" wrote in
message ...
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can
print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on
each
page.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It sounded like you had an A5 page already. If you want your A4 page reduced
to A5, then that's a different matter; for that, you must use "2 pages per
sheet" in the Print dialog and print pages 1,1.

http://word.mvps.org

"yellowhouse1976" wrote in
message ...