Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenwyler Kenwyler is offline

Default Word file preview is not working

Why doesn't file preview not work in Office 2007 Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you mean that preview works inside Word for non-Word files, but not for
Word files, this is a known bug (actually, it seems to work at times, but
often not). The work-around is to use the preview in Windows File
Explorer... where Preview *does* work for Word files. I find that the same
bug exists inside Excel, as well... where Word files preview just fine, but
Excel files do not.

Some have found relief by disabling various add-ins, but I found that relief
to be short-lived.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible