Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chita Chita is offline

Default How do I undo the paragraph marks after each line?

I was updating my resume and references. I copied and paste my references to
the bottome of my resume. Everything was going okay, then I don't know what
I might have pressed, but every line has a paragraph symbol and the right
arrow. I need to undo this mistake and don't know how.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's not a mistake and they don't print.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chita" wrote in message
I was updating my resume and references. I copied and paste my references
the bottome of my resume. Everything was going okay, then I don't know
what
I might have pressed, but every line has a paragraph symbol and the right
arrow. I need to undo this mistake and don't know how.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mike.smith[_2_] mike.smith[_2_] is offline

Hello Chita,

it is not a bug it is a feature, you just have accidently turned on non
printing characters.
They are usually empty spaces but can mess the structure of the document.

For how to display/hide them see this link:
http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/05/mi...w-to-use-them/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks