Chris

Default How to get rid of 1.5 line space? The first three lines are 1.5.

I have a poem of several lines. When I have the document in single space the
first three lines retain 1.5 space. I can change the whole document to
double spacing and 1.5 spacing but I can't change the first two lines.
garfield-n-odie

Select the first three lines, click on Format | Paragraph |
Indents and Spacing tab, and set the Spacing Before and Spacing
After to zero.

Chris wrote:

I have a poem of several lines. When I have the document in single space the
first three lines retain 1.5 space. I can change the whole document to
double spacing and 1.5 spacing but I can't change the first two lines.

Chris

"Chris" wrote:

I have a poem of several lines. When I have the document in single space the
first three lines retain 1.5 space. I can change the whole document to
double spacing and 1.5 spacing but I can't change the first two lines.

I thank you for your efforts. I tried what you suggested several times
before and decided that the sheet was programed that way and I could not
change it so I retyped those contrary lines onto a fresh document page.

Then I had to go through the arduous task of adding 6 points, 4 points or 12
points above to get the line where I wanted it. I also learned about a "soft
Return" from a friend. That helped a lot.

If you send an e-mail address, I'll share the picture and statement entitled
"An Old Cowby's Advice" which is suitable for framing. Thank you Chris.