Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jennifer

Default mail merge labels don't print properly

Using Avery J8160 3 x 7 formal in Word 2000 with a Data Source from Access
2000. Labels are not printing consistently and don't even look correct on
the screen. Top right hand label on the page is correct but other labels
across and down a displaced by increasing character space or lines so that
for example, the bottom row of labels is about four lines higher than it
should be and the left-hand column is 2 spaces over to the right. This only
happened about 8 weeks ago. Before that I've always managed to print
mail-merge labels perfoectly. Nothing new has been loaded on the PC (Win XP
Professional) Although I think there has been some windows updates but they
don't appear in "Add/Remove Programs" so I can't get rid of them. Doing a
System Restore and reloading Office 2000 Professional has not cured the
problem.
Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Are you sure about the not looking correct on the screen?

What happens if you print on plain paper? Or merge to a new document? What
does that document look like and how does it print on plain paper?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jennifer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jennifer

Thanks for responding Doug -
Merge to new Document and printing on plain paper looks the same - the label
text is displaced - spacing between labels horizontally and vertically
reduces as you progress across and down the page

Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Everything looks fine with that label here. Send me the main document if
you like and I will take a look at it.

--

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Thanks for responding Doug -
Merge to new Document and printing on plain paper looks the same - the
label
text is displaced - spacing between labels horizontally and vertically
reduces as you progress across and down the page

Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jennifer

Hi Doug

Thanks for the feedback.
I've been doing some more investigation
I downloaded the Avery Wizard and produced mail merge labels within Word
using Access as a data source on the original computer and same results.
Then I tried using a different computer -
When I copied the original mail merge Word files onto another computer and
then viewed / printed them it was all OK!! When I copied the orginal Access
2000 database onto another computer mail merging labels was OK!!

I'm going to try mail merging from a completely different database on the
original PC and then try Excel as a data source - which I haven't tried yet.
I'm really puzzled!!

Jennifer