Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmr

Default I can't change the font styles.

I pasted text from one document to another. In the process, I pasted the text
as "Unformatted Text."

However, I can't seem to change the styles of certain paragraphs. I change
it, but it stays witht eh style that it originally took.

Can I force a paragraph or text to take on certain styles?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword

Sometimes you need to change the Paragraph style to Normal first and then
apply the style you want.

Click in the problem paragraph
Select Normal from the Styles and Formatting Task Pane
Then select the style that you wish to apply to the paragraph

If these steps do not work, you may have accidently applied a Character
style to the text of the paragraph. You can either go to Tools | Template
and Addins | Organizaer button and then delete any styles with CHAR in the
name ( Body Text CHAR, for example) from the left side of the screen or you
can cut the paragraph out, paste it into notepad, and then copy and paste it
back into Word. This will remove all formatting from the problem paragraph.

I hope this helps.

"lmr" wrote:

I pasted text from one document to another. In the process, I pasted the text
as "Unformatted Text."

However, I can't seem to change the styles of certain paragraphs. I change
it, but it stays witht eh style that it originally took.

Can I force a paragraph or text to take on certain styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Make sure that you select the whole paragraph before applying a style
or, alternatively, that you don't select the paragraph (leave the
insertion point blinking).

When the style has been properly applied, you can try to press
Ctrl+SpaceBar to clear font formatting not in style, and press Ctrl+Q
to clear paragraph formatting not in style.

If the above doesn't help, you may have to take a look at:
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...p.htm#CharStyl

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP