Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD

Default Word 2003 not allowing A4 paper setting

Since I work in a University in Belgium, I have to use A4 paper. Thus, in
my brand new Word 2003 program, I am now trying to create a document with the
page size set to A4. So, I do the following: File, page setup, paper, A4
size. When I choose this, a warning box appears: "Increasing right margin
causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having unevenly
spaced columns." It will not allow me to override this warning. In other
words, I cannot set the page to A4; it simply won't allow me to do so. In my
Word 2000 version, a box came up that said something like conform the margins
to A4. And it did it automatically every time. I never got a message like
this. Does any one have any idea what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Does this problem occur in one particular document, or in all new
documents?

If it's in one particular document, then open that document.
Click on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK.
Save and close the document.

If it's in all new documents, then locate and open your
normal.dot file as described in Method 1 in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm . Click
on Format | Columns | One | Apply to: Whole document | OK. Type
a character or two and delete what you just typed. Save the
normal.dot file and close it.

JD wrote:

Since I work in a University in Belgium, I have to use A4 paper. Thus, in
my brand new Word 2003 program, I am now trying to create a document with the
page size set to A4. So, I do the following: File, page setup, paper, A4
size. When I choose this, a warning box appears: "Increasing right margin
causes last column to become too narrow in some sections having unevenly
spaced columns." It will not allow me to override this warning. In other
words, I cannot set the page to A4; it simply won't allow me to do so. In my
Word 2000 version, a box came up that said something like conform the margins
to A4. And it did it automatically every time. I never got a message like
this. Does any one have any idea what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JD

Dear Garfield,

WoW!!! You guys really really know your stuff!!! I am very impressed. You
have been so helpful and have eliminated frustration.

Thanks soooo much for you time.

JD