Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave

Default Word documents changed to Notepad doc.

I am using Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business. When I click on "My
Documents" icon, I noticed that all of a sudden all my Word documents have
changed to Notepad documents. When I open a wordproccessing file it is
opened in Notepad not Word. When I type a file into Word and save it, it is
saved as a Notepad document. Why did this happen and How can I reverse it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm