Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim in Cleveland

Default Default setting for scale to paper size

Currently, when we go to print, there is a setting that states scale to paper
size. It is set to "No scale" by default. Is there a way to make the
default for this to "Letter"? Or should we not tamper with this?

Thanks,

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

It's best to set up the document for the same paper size you're
printing on, and leave the scaling at "No scaling". That way the font
sizes, margins, and other bits will be the same size they were created
for.

The feature is intended for the case where you get a document from
somewhere else and it isn't practical to resize and rearrange
everything in it, but you want to use a different paper size (usually
because that's all you have). For example, if the document was
originally made for Legal (8.5 x 14 inches) and you want to print on
Letter (8.5 x 11 inches) without cutting off the bottom of the page,
you can set the scaling. The entire page image will be reduced to
78.5% of original to make it fit. A side benefit is that the locations
of the page breaks with respect to the text will be the same.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:58:01 -0700, Jim in Cleveland
wrote:

Currently, when we go to print, there is a setting that states scale to paper
size. It is set to "No scale" by default. Is there a way to make the
default for this to "Letter"? Or should we not tamper with this?

Thanks,

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sam Sam is offline

wrote:

Currently, when we go to print, there is a setting that states scale to paper
size. It is set to "No scale" by default. Is there a way to make the
default for this to "Letter"? Or should we not tamper with this?

Thanks,

Jim

Is there a way to set or invoke the defalut to automatically scale on just a
single page in a document that is larger (11x17) than the others (8.5x11), so
that when you send the document to someone to print, the file will print the
document and automatically know to just scale on that larger page to make it
the 8.5x11 size?

thanks,

Sam