gb_S49

Default Date format frustration

I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep getting the
american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am unable to affect a
change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}
gb_S49

I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep getting the
american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am unable to affect a
change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}

I am trying to get UK date (DD/MM/YY)
Graham Mayor

gb_S49 wrote:
I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep
getting the american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am
unable to affect a change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}

I am trying to get UK date (DD/MM/YY)

Your syntax is wrong - try
{Mergefield Date_Joined_Company \@ "dd/mm/yy"}

See - http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them. While this is about
the CREATEDATE and DATE fields, the formatting pictures work for mergefields
as well if your date data is in standard date format.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"gb_S49" wrote in message
I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep getting
the
american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am unable to affect a
change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}

Charles Kenyon

Not sure about merge fields, but on date and time fields generally, the "M"
in the picture is case-sensitive, in that upper case gives a month while
lower case gives minutes.
--

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
gb_S49 wrote:
I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep
getting the american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am
unable to affect a change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}

I am trying to get UK date (DD/MM/YY)

Your syntax is wrong - try
{Mergefield Date_Joined_Company \@ "dd/mm/yy"}

See - http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Poolshark

Go to Start: Settings: Control Panel: Regional & Language Options, Then go
into the Regional Options tab: click on customize (beside English) click on
date tab: In the box for (Short date format):type in mm/dd/yyyy. That should
solve your problem.
"gb_S49" wrote:

I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep getting the
american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am unable to affect a
change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marco Marco is offline

Hi. I'm experience this problem. I have in excel this date: 17-01-2006 but
then after the mail merge it appears has 01/17/2006.

I tried to format, I change to toogle and format as you told me, I get this
filead:
{Mergefield Data \@ "dd/mm/yyyy" } and this result: 17/00/2006

Why the months apears as zeros?

I even tried to change in Regional Setting the short date to dd/mm/aa but
nothing.

The best that I could get was making a trick. After all register in Excel, I
insert another register and I put some text into the date column.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Marco

"gb_S49" wrote:

I am trying to complete a mail merge sourced from excel and keep getting the
american date format (MM/DD/YY. despite my efforts I am unable to affect a
change. All suggestions greatfully received
{mergefield "Date_Joined_Company"/"dd/mm/yy}

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Marco,

Lowercase ms are for minutes - uppercase Ms for months.

Try:
{Mergefield Data \@ "dd/MM/yyyy" }

Cheers
--