Cathy in Florida

Default How do I have word enter a future date in a letter

If today's date is January 5, 2005 on a mail merge document templet I am
working on, can someone tell me how I have Word enter a date of 6 months from
today? I know how to do it in Excel but can not figure out the exact
"formula" for word. Thanks!

Cathy in Florida

I still can't work it out. I know nothing about macros. I actually am
usually very computer litereate and work with Excel and word all the time.
Over the past 10 years I have gotten really good at Excel formulas, etc. but
this has me stumped and I have never had a need to learn macros.

The templet I am working on is a word merge document. I can get the year to
change with this: {DATE\@"mmm D,} {=DATE\@"YYYY"}=1} this automatically
changes the date on my form to same date next year. But I need to get the
darn Word program change the date to 6 months from now instead.

Since I can count on my left hand how many times I have played with WORD
formulas I could use some step by step instructions & typed examples.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy in Florida

Cathy in Florida wrote:

If today's date is January 5, 2005 on a mail merge document templet I am
working on, can someone tell me how I have Word enter a date of 6 months from
today? I know how to do it in Excel but can not figure out the exact
"formula" for word. Thanks!

Short of embedding an Excel sheet in your Word doc, the easiest way to get
what you want is to use a macro such as Graham offers. You can download it
directly from his Web site, and see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for instructions on what to do
with it.

"Cathy in Florida" wrote in
message ...

Cathy in Florida wrote:

If today's date is January 5, 2005 on a mail merge document templet I

am
working on, can someone tell me how I have Word enter a date of 6

months from
today? I know how to do it in Excel but can not figure out the exact
"formula" for word. Thanks!

garfield-n-odie

The only way I know to do this is with a macro. See
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for instructions on how to
install a macro. Once the macro is installed, click on Tools | Macro |
Macros | select the macro from the list | Run.

Cathy in Florida wrote:

If today's date is January 5, 2005 on a mail merge document templet I am
working on, can someone tell me how I have Word enter a date of 6 months from
today? I know how to do it in Excel but can not figure out the exact
"formula" for word. Thanks!

Charles Kenyon

You should be able to do it, but use a CreateDate instead of Date. This is
more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to pages
with fields and an explanation of different macros that can be used instead
of fields.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.