Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jitty Jitty is offline

Default Strange Table in Word

A user has created a table in Word document that contains 4 columns and 15
rows. At the end of the table (she says she doesn't know hot it appened) the
first 8 rows of the table have been duplicated possibly by pasting. I've
tried deleting them, but the cursor can't be clicked into any of the
additional rows. If you use the up and down keys, the cursor will jump from
the line above the extra rows, to the line below, missing out the extra 8
rows. Its almost as if these rows aren't actually there so they can't be
edited or amended, but they can be seen.

Sorry, I know this sounds very vague.....

Thanks for any help
Janet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the first eight rows at the top of the table, and then click
to clear the Heading Rows Repeat option on the Table menu. Does that
help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jitty" wrote in message
A user has created a table in Word document that contains 4 columns

and 15
rows. At the end of the table (she says she doesn't know hot it

appened) the
first 8 rows of the table have been duplicated possibly by pasting.

I've
tried deleting them, but the cursor can't be clicked into any of the
additional rows. If you use the up and down keys, the cursor will

jump from
the line above the extra rows, to the line below, missing out the

extra 8
rows. Its almost as if these rows aren't actually there so they

can't be
edited or amended, but they can be seen.

Sorry, I know this sounds very vague.....

Thanks for any help
Janet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jitty Jitty is offline

Stefan
I don't know what this is, but it worked perfectly. Thank you so much :-)
Janet xx

"Jitty" wrote in message
A user has created a table in Word document that contains 4 columns

and 15
rows. At the end of the table (she says she doesn't know hot it

appened) the
first 8 rows of the table have been duplicated possibly by pasting.

I've
tried deleting them, but the cursor can't be clicked into any of the
additional rows. If you use the up and down keys, the cursor will

jump from
the line above the extra rows, to the line below, missing out the

extra 8
rows. Its almost as if these rows aren't actually there so they

can't be
edited or amended, but they can be seen.

Sorry, I know this sounds very vague.....

Thanks for any help
Janet

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

Heading Rows Repeat is intended for any table that fills more than one
page or column; it enables you to see the heading row without looking
at the previous page (or column), and thus makes reading easier.

You can repeat more than one row, if necessary. Eight rows would
usually be too many, though. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP