Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
idontknow idontknow is offline

Default How do I paste a resume in a web site

i came about a website for a company that ask for info and also had a place
to fill in
a resume by typing it in or it said i could paste it. question is, how do i
paste my
cover letter/resume from word document to this. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will have to paste it in as plain text. If you use a Microsoft resume
template it will be formatted as a table, which is incompatible with plain
text format. Convert to text copy and paste into Notepad, reformat, then
copy from there to the web page.

idontknow wrote:
i came about a website for a company that ask for info and also had a
place to fill in
a resume by typing it in or it said i could paste it. question is,
how do i paste my
cover letter/resume from word document to this. thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should have two copies of your resume. One is a pretty, formatted
version. The other is plain text, for just that purpose.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"idontknow" wrote in message
i came about a website for a company that ask for info and also had a place
to fill in
a resume by typing it in or it said i could paste it. question is, how do
paste my
cover letter/resume from word document to this. thanks

Adding a choice to right-click mouse option in word xppuser Microsoft Word Help 16 February 20th 08 07:45 AM
Paste from Excel mully Tables 1 November 3rd 05 09:10 PM
Pasting text without attributes/formatting Jonathan Finney Page Layout 2 October 10th 05 11:28 AM
paste options button no longer visible Wendy Microsoft Word Help 3 January 8th 05 11:31 AM
Very Slow Copy and Paste Growler Microsoft Word Help 0 January 3rd 05 10:35 PM