Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JR JR is offline

Default how to repeat content while using mail merge

Hello, I am pulling in data from a database into an Excel Sheet; I need to
title one field and most importantly, I need to repeat content so I can print
multiple labels with the same content. I'm having difficulty doing so in an
automated fashion. Any help out there?

Thanks!

Details:
My two fields a Name & Account Number

I want the label to read:
Roe, Julie
Account: 123

I need 10 labels each of the same label. So I would have 3 separate persons
on one label sheet (3 x 10). I'm using Avery 5366
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

You could set up one sheet of labels to accommodate 3 people. If you use the
mail merge wizard to create your labels it will put a {Next Record} field at
the start of each label on the sheet. Press ALT + F9 to display all the
field codes on your labels and remove the {Next} fields from the first 10
labels and labels 12-19 and 21-30 so you only have a {Next} field on labels
11 and 21 (going left to right from the top). This will mean that Word will
produce labels for the first person until it reaches the first {Next} field
when it will take the next record from the database and use that for the next
10 labels.

A Jones
Mastering Mail Merge Using Microsoft Word 2000 ISBN 1-906025-00-2