Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Autotext Frustration

Using Word 2002 & Windows 2K:
I recieved a template from someone that contained some autotext. Using the
Organizer I tried to copy it to Normal, so it would be available to all docs
on my laptop. Can not get this to work - which leads to several question.
1. I copied the received template to Application Data\Microsoft\Templates.
Is this correct (I am pretty sure it is)?
2. If I start a new document based on Normal.dot, the autotext is not
available. Is this correct behavior?
3. I tried to copy the autotext to Normal, using the Organize (found on
Tools\Addins and Templates), but it would not stick. What is the correct
proceedure to copy Autotext from one template to another, with permanent
results.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Autotext Frustration: ADOBE

Again I find a conflict between Word and Adobe Acrobat.
Further research has solved my problem, it is a conflict between Adobe
Standard 7 and Word.
If you have version 7 of Standard, Profession, or Elements, you should down
load the patch for 7.0.5
Note: It is not always Microsoft the causes difficulties.