Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
auge auge is offline

Default instructions to make Xmas cards with MS Word

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas Cards in
Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eddie O Eddie O is offline

this may help:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...iday&av=TPL000

"auge" wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas Cards in
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Auge

auge wrote:
Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas Cards in
Word 2003

Such instructions would be almost uselessly general (and for more
detailed instructions, you haven't told us what you want your cards to
look like). But take a look at what MSFT provides on officeonline to get
ideas or adjust yourself:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...079451033.aspx

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rupert Bear Rupert Bear is offline

"auge" wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas Cards in
Word 2003

MAKING A GREETINGS CARD
€˘ Open a blank Word doc.
€˘ Select Landscape in €śPage Set Up€ť.
€˘ Set all margins to 0.40 inches. (click €śIgnore€ť option.)
€˘ Select two columns.
€˘ Click Ctrl + * to show none printable €śEnter€ť sign. €śÂ¶€ť.
€˘ Hold €śEnter€ť key to fill both columns with the €śÂ¶€ť sign.
€˘ Centre cursor [Ctrl + E) in right column position 2 inches down.
€˘ Select fancy font and type * greetings.
€˘ Save template & minimise.
€˘ Select a photo of choice and save to clipboard.
€˘ Maximise template & position cursor at top of right column.
€˘ Press Ctrl + V to paste the photo.
€˘ Right click picture & using handles adjust to fit right column.
€˘ Now right click the picture & select €śFormat picture€ť.
€˘ Click €śLayout€ť then €śBehind Text€ť; then select €śCentre€ť tabs.
€˘ This should bring the typed message to the front of picture.
€˘ Click €śPrint Preview€ť in tool bar to confirm results for centrality before
printing
..
To add an inner page for a message simply repeat above sequence on the
second page to * above.
RB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A very bizarre way to do this. You can use page/column breaks instead of
filling a space with useless empty paragraphs. You can insert images In Line
With Text instead of anchored to a paragraph, but even if you float the
graphic, if your wrapping is set to Square, the text will not overwrite it.
For text that you want to overwrite graphics, you can use text boxes (No
Line, No Fill) for inline graphics, or you can insert text, properly
formatted with Space Before/After with the graphic set to Behind Text.

.
To add an inner page for a message simply repeat above sequence on the
second page to * above.
RB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

With great respect for those who have offered suggestions - Save yourself a
lot of grief, aggravation & frustration... Google for greeting card software
(I just checked Amazon.com & got over 170 hits) which you can get for as
little as $10. *Any* of it will give you better results with less effort.

I use this outfit's Mac version & it works like a charm:

http://www.novadevelopment.com/Produ...w/default.aspx

Current version (6.0) is $49.95, you can get earlier versions for as little
as $28.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/6/06 7:43 PM, in article
, "auge"
wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas Cards in
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or maybe, just maybe, they have Publisher included with their version of
Office. A *much* better choice of software for making your own cards.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

.. .

wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas Cards
in
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or go to the local supermarket and buy some ready made cards which will look
even better than home made cards - unless you are artistically gifted (which
most people are not).

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, they have Publisher included with their version
of Office. A *much* better choice of software for making your own
cards.

.. .

wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas
Cards in
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The problem with that is that what's left say stuff like "You've been like a
Mother to me". NOT a good card to hand to your wife.

My husband and I got our cards for each other last night. I told him I
didn't want to see a "You've been like a Wife to me card". He has a goofy
streak at time and just might be weird enough to do something like that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, they have Publisher included with their version
of Office. A *much* better choice of software for making your own
cards.

.. .

wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create Xmas
Cards in
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would like to think so but if I must be honest......I don't know. He's a
man of few words, written and spoken, but he does always seem to find cards
that say the right thing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, they have Publisher included with their
version of Office. A *much* better choice of software for making
your own cards.

.. .

wrote:

Can someone please give me step by step instructions to create
Xmas Cards in
Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

With me, that's a distinct possibility. And his mom makes me seem like I'm
mute. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Or maybe, just maybe, they have Publisher included with their
version of Office. A *much* better choice of software for making
your own cards.

.. .