Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gehegeradeaus@gmail.com is offline

Default toolbar linked on a document

Is there a way to link the toolbars on a document?

E.g. :

- when I open document A , only the standard toolbar should be shown.
- when I open document B, the standard toolbard AND the wordart toolbar
should be shown.

Can I do this and if yes : how?

Thanks!

ps: excuse me for the crosspost, but there doesn't seem to be much
activity in public.word...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi gehegeradeaus

wrote:
Is there a way to link the toolbars on a document?

E.g. :

- when I open document A , only the standard toolbar should be shown.
- when I open document B, the standard toolbard AND the wordart toolbar
should be shown.

[..]

An AutoOpen-Macro (usually saved in template for document A/document B,
respectively) could do that.

WD2000: Auto Macros in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211659/en-us

ps: excuse me for the crosspost, but there doesn't seem to be much
activity in public.word...

Xmas holidays (short term) and trend to other types of forums, no doubt.
..docmanagement still finds around one hundred postings per day, I think.
[BTW: a proper crosspost would be one single message to more than one
group, I don't see that in your case.]

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Is there a way to link the toolbars on a document?

E.g. :

- when I open document A , only the standard toolbar should be shown.
- when I open document B, the standard toolbard AND the wordart toolbar
should be shown.

Can I do this and if yes : how?

Toolbar visibility can only be "associated" with a document if they're
custom toolbars that are saved in that document. For this particular
scenario you'd probably need to use a macro to change the visibility of
the built-in toolbars. The problem is, such changes apply to the entire
application (all documents).

Conceivably, you could create your own custom toolbars in each document
with the buttons you need from the built-in toolbars. Then you can turn
off all of Word's built-in toolbars and then the toolbars saved in the
documents (or their templates) would be visible when working in that
document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org