Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mkate Mkate is offline

Default Convert Table to Text

Hello,

I use a Word template with several toolbars. As part of our recent template
update, we created a Convert Text to Table and Convert Table to Text option
on the Toolbars. These new additions convert the text to the correct format
that we use for our proposals.

In regular Word a user can select text in a table and only that information
will convert to text€”not the whole table€”when the option is selected. In my
new template, the whole table changes even if only a portion of text is
selected or one row. The macro is paragraph delimited. The person who
developed the templates is no longer with us and I am now trying see if our
new Convert Text to Table can be modified to work like "regular" Word. I am
not a programmer so this is a bit of a "stretch" for me, but I am hoping that
the experts will have a solution.

Thank you as always for your help.
--
Mkate
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Since you don't show any of the existing code, it's impossible to say how it
should be changed. However, the following code snippet does behave exactly
like the menu command, converting only the selected part of the table:

With Dialogs(wdDialogTableToText)
.ConvertTo = wdSeparateByParagraphs
.Execute
End With

In contrast, I suspect the existing code uses something like this:

Selection.Tables(1).ConvertToText Separator:=wdSeparateByParagraphs

which would convert the entire table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Two rows per row? Ed Sheehan Tables 8 December 20th 06 07:34 PM
Arcane Question @ Text Boxes & "Frames" Elmer Page Layout 12 August 14th 06 08:34 AM
Convert Text to Table Ed Sheehan Tables 1 July 27th 06 12:38 AM
manipulating/cutting/pasting text out of a text box [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 10 July 9th 06 10:54 PM
Can you convert regular text in a table into form field data easil Martin_of_Uxbridge Microsoft Word Help 1 April 24th 05 11:55 AM