Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Creating styles that have boilerplate text in them.

Hi,

This is using Word 2003.

What I'm trying to do is have styles that all include some boilerplate text.
e.g. a style called "end points" that looks something like:

End Points:tabThe end points are...

and another called "process definition" that looks something like:

Process Definition:tabThe process definition is...

This worked for me by defining the numbering style for the style to include
the boiler plate text, but I have more than 8 of these styles I want to
define so don't think using numbering will work for me. I also suspect this
is not the smartest way of doing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to achieve the functionality I'm
looking for?

Regards,
Anthony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Numbering is the only way, and you can have as many as you want provided
you're not trying to have hierarchical outline "numbering." That is, you can
include text with even a simple (single-level) list, and you can have as
many nine-level outline-numbered list schemes as you want. The only
advantage of having the styles as part of the same list is to be able to
promote/demote levels, and it doesn't sound as if that's something that
would be relevant here.

"Anthony" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anthony Anthony is offline

Thank you Suzanne and you're right. My confusion stemmed from only *seeing*
8 numbering styles in the Bullets and Numbering gallery. How do you know
what Numbered styles you've created already in a template? Do I have to use
VBA to get the full list?

Thanks,
Anthony.

"Anthony" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm sure that stuff like that is available via VBA, but I have no VBA
expertise. I do know that if you access the Numbering gallery via a
particular style, the list to which that style belongs will be displayed.
The conventional wisdom for modifying outline numbered styles is always to
go through the Level 1 style (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...umbering.html), but this
may not be as crucial for styles that aren't actually numbered (or are
single-level styles).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Numbering is the only way, and you can have as many as you want provided
you're not trying to have hierarchical outline "numbering." That is, you

can
include text with even a simple (single-level) list, and you can have as
many nine-level outline-numbered list schemes as you want. The only
advantage of having the styles as part of the same list is to be able to
promote/demote levels, and it doesn't sound as if that's something that
would be relevant here.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.