Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] gml@cdllawoffice.com is offline

Default Toolbars Keep Moving Around!!!

I use Word 2003 with XP Professional.

I have three toolbars I use: Standard, Mail Merge, and Acrobat PDF
Maker 8.0.

They keep jumping around. I would like them to stay on one line, for
all documents. There is plenty of real estate to do this. What was a
minor annoyance a few weeks ago has grown to a mjaor annoyance now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--George Lutz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It's that Adobe toolbar that is the criminal in this instance. I don't think
there is much that can be done if you need to use the Adobe toolbar.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I use Word 2003 with XP Professional.

I have three toolbars I use: Standard, Mail Merge, and Acrobat PDF
Maker 8.0.

They keep jumping around. I would like them to stay on one line, for
all documents. There is plenty of real estate to do this. What was a
minor annoyance a few weeks ago has grown to a mjaor annoyance now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--George Lutz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Try Shift+File, Save All, when you have done the changes to Normal.dot.

The most common reason for Normal.dot not to be saved is an interfering
add-in, such as that for Adobe Acrobat 8.0, about which see the last section
of:
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

I did these required actions and all the issues disappeared.
But I have also found that, after a reboot, I had to reinstall the toolbar,
by doing the above instructions again, and I have found that I am now
operating without any of the previous faults with the toolbar present.
Go figure...?
Hope this helps.
DeanH

" wrote:

I use Word 2003 with XP Professional.

I have three toolbars I use: Standard, Mail Merge, and Acrobat PDF
Maker 8.0.

They keep jumping around. I would like them to stay on one line, for
all documents. There is plenty of real estate to do this. What was a
minor annoyance a few weeks ago has grown to a mjaor annoyance now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--George Lutz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_4_] John[_4_] is offline

On Mon 05 Nov 2007 23:47:32, wrote:

I use Word 2003 with XP Professional.

I have three toolbars I use: Standard, Mail Merge, and Acrobat PDF
Maker 8.0.

They keep jumping around. I would like them to stay on one line, for
all documents. There is plenty of real estate to do this. What was a
minor annoyance a few weeks ago has grown to a mjaor annoyance now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

--George Lutz

I got annoyed with my Adobe toolbar that I had to remove it.