Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KCT KCT is offline

Default Mail Merge Automation: Call rejeted by Callee

I am programatically executing a Microsoft Word Mail Merge from a text file
data source, in ASP classic. If the number of records being merged is
relatively large, Word seems to take a while to complete the Execute method
of the Mail Merge, but in my program, control flows to the next command. So
when my program tries to close the Word document, Word does not respond and I
get the following error:

Error Type:
(0x80010001)
Call was rejected by callee.

The problem does not occur when the number of records is smaller (eg. 20
records) but the number of records does not have to be exceptionally large
for this to happen (eg. 70 records causes the error).

Is there a way to wait for Word to finish executing the Merge before my
program continues? Could there be another solution?