Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpreman jpreman is offline

Default Numbering Pages

Thanks for reading this post.

I have a document with 30 pages with 5 sections. Each section has varying
number of pages. Suppose I am in page No 3 in section 5 and the page is the
24th page in the document. Is there any way I can automate the following in
the footer?

[Page #] of [Section #] and [Page #] of [Document #]

Ie. Page 3 of Section 5 and Page 24 of 30

If this is not possible, can someone give a suggestion

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

With PAGE, SECTIONPAGES, and NUMPAGES fields, you can handle three of the
four requirements. But if you restart numbering in each section, then there
is no field that corresponds to the "absolute" page number.

For some workarounds, see "Create two page-numbering schemes in a single
document in Word 2000" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212313 or "How
to create two page-numbering schemes in one document in Word 2003 and in
Word 2002" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291283.

"jpreman" wrote in message
Thanks for reading this post.

I have a document with 30 pages with 5 sections. Each section has varying
number of pages. Suppose I am in page No 3 in section 5 and the page is

the
24th page in the document. Is there any way I can automate the following

in
the footer?

[Page #] of [Section #] and [Page #] of [Document #]

Ie. Page 3 of Section 5 and Page 24 of 30

If this is not possible, can someone give a suggestion

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpreman jpreman is offline

Thanks a lot Suzanne for responding to my post and directing me to those
sources. I haven't tried it yet but hope it will help me.