Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
docjohn docjohn is offline

Default large doc files were ok for word 200 hange up with 2003

I previously had no problem handeling large word file of 4-6megs using word
2000, with word 2003 word tends to hang up or takes a long time to load the
file up to 10 minutes.. I have to do this frequently and it is really slowing
things down. iis there a fix for this??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think it fair to say that Word 2003 is more stable than Word 2000 and that
4 - 6 mb is a relatively small file and well within the capabilities of
either version. My guess is that the document is looking for its template
and that template is not available in the original location. Or it (or its
template) could be corrupt. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 and also