Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mdponce

Default redaction add-in

I've installed the Word 2003 redaction add-in, and my system meets all the
requirements; however, each time I use the tool, I receive the following
error:

"There was an error redacting your document. Please try again later."

Additionally, I have two instances of a redaction menu on my Tool menu, but
I definitely did not install the add-in twice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWRwb25jZQ==?=,

I've installed the Word 2003 redaction add-in, and my system meets all the
requirements; however, each time I use the tool, I receive the following
error:

"There was an error redacting your document. Please try again later."

There is no "redaction tool" as part of the Word application. You should ask
the company that provided you with the tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mdponce

Cindy, it was an add-in I downloaded from the MS-Word 2003 download site, and
it may, indeed, not be a Microsoft product; nonetheless, I had hoped perhaps
someone had some experience of it. I'll follow your advice, however, and see
if I can determine from whence the add-in came. In the meantime, if anyone
else has an idea, I'd appreciate your sharing it.

I have since posting deleted the add-in and will retry an install of it to
determine if I'm just experiencing a faulty install.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Mitz

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWRwb25jZQ==?=,

I've installed the Word 2003 redaction add-in, and my system meets all the
requirements; however, each time I use the tool, I receive the following
error:

"There was an error redacting your document. Please try again later."

There is no "redaction tool" as part of the Word application. You should ask
the company that provided you with the tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think the OP is referring to

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?bWRwb25jZQ==?=,

I've installed the Word 2003 redaction add-in, and my system meets all

the
requirements; however, each time I use the tool, I receive the following
error:

"There was an error redacting your document. Please try again later."

There is no "redaction tool" as part of the Word application. You should

ask
the company that provided you with the tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Cindy,

FWIW, unfortunately the Readcation Add-in for Word is a Microsoft one that has some 'issues' (i.e using it led to the first time
that the 'squished text' buglet showed up - although there are other causes for that one). The add-in has become one of Beth's
specialties g.

Hopefully the v1.1 update released in Dec 2005 will solve some of the problems
http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...7-65cc9f30f2ed

=========

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Bob,

FWIW, unfortunately the Readcation Add-in for Word is a Microsoft one that

has some 'issues' (i.e using it led to the first time
that the 'squished text' buglet showed up - although there are other causes for

that one). The add-in has become one of Beth's
specialties g.

Hopefully the v1.1 update released in Dec 2005 will solve some of the problems

http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...4b51-8e87-65cc
9f30f2ed

OK, given the OPs problem description, one other thought occurs to me. If it's
showing up twice, then something may well be interfering with the Addin. Before
I'd go trying all kinds of things, I'd first make sure there's nothing like the
Norton Anti-virus plug-in sticking its fingers into the pie...

I've installed the Word 2003 redaction add-in, and my system meets all the
requirements; however, each time I use the tool, I receive the following
error:

"There was an error redacting your document. Please try again later."

Additionally, I have two instances of a redaction menu on my Tool menu, but
I definitely did not install the add-in twice.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? I am getting the same error when
I try to redact a Word document.

"mdponce" wrote:

I've installed the Word 2003 redaction add-in, and my system meets all the
requirements; however, each time I use the tool, I receive the following
error:

"There was an error redacting your document. Please try again later."

Additionally, I have two instances of a redaction menu on my Tool menu, but
I definitely did not install the add-in twice.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Programmatically redact a word document Pilotgod Microsoft Word Help 4 December 30th 05 02:07 PM
Redaction? Ellen Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 05 08:06 PM
can you redact old existing documents csa0307 Microsoft Word Help 2 October 11th 05 02:56 AM
Word2003 Redaction Add-in deebs Page Layout 2 August 24th 05 12:26 AM