Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MS Poster MS Poster is offline

Default Template Question Word 2003

Hello:

Not sure if this is the correct forum. If not, please tell me where to post.

I am trying to create a Word 2003 Template for letterhead. I have made plenty
of templates with a header and footer. However, this letterhead has a vertical
rule (light blue) down the left side about 2" in from the page edge. There
is some text to the left of that line. There are also graphics in the header
and footer. All subsequent pages should be standard, blank pages.

I have created a template that pretty much does all that on the first page.
Subsequent pages, however, still contain the vertical rule and left-margin
text. I also cannot get the subsequent page margins to behave. I have tried
using Sections, but it does not seem to work.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Have a look at this http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm It's
probably the best information on creating letterheads.
--
Rae Drysdale

"MS Poster" wrote:

Hello:

Not sure if this is the correct forum. If not, please tell me where to post.

I am trying to create a Word 2003 Template for letterhead. I have made plenty
of templates with a header and footer. However, this letterhead has a vertical
rule (light blue) down the left side about 2" in from the page edge. There
is some text to the left of that line. There are also graphics in the header
and footer. All subsequent pages should be standard, blank pages.

I have created a template that pretty much does all that on the first page.
Subsequent pages, however, still contain the vertical rule and left-margin
text. I also cannot get the subsequent page margins to behave. I have tried
using Sections, but it does not seem to work.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MS Poster MS Poster is offline