Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roger Knight Roger Knight is offline

Default How do I get rid of the ovals containing "Formatted Underline"

I have a document that magically created a right side gray bar with ovals
that contain such words as "Formatting Underline" and "Formatting Font, 10
pt."
The problem is that when I try to print the document this crap also prints
and shrinks everything to fit it on the 8.5 inch wide paper.
I do not want this crap and I cannot figure out how to get rid of it. All I
want is a document that will print out on 8.5 by 11 inch paper without all of
this garbage on the right side distorting everything else written on it.
The Help function does me no good because I cannot even figure out what to
CALL this absoilutely annoying and completely unwanted and unexpected
phenomenom.
It is the Word 2007 that came with Office 2007 Professional.
The document was made from a Word document downloaded from www.wsba.org the
Grievance Against Lawyer form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roger Knight[_2_] Roger Knight[_2_] is offline

I found the solution!
Office button + Prepare + Inspect Document Click Inspect Document.
What it found were items in the Comments, Revisions, Versions, and Annotations
and items in the Document Properties and Personal Information catagories.
Clicking "Remove All" button next to each solved the problem.
This may happen to anyone who uses document forms downloaded from government
and agency websites. Us legal beagles may be bedeviled, particularly where
such forms are mandatory, as in family law practice in the State of
Washington. As in this case, some funny little features were included by the
website that caught me by surprize. "Inspect Document" is thus the thing
that might make an upgrade to Word or Office 2007 worth the money.

"Roger Knight" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Even in earlier versions, it is easy to recognize the "balloons" created by
Track Changes. Any government agency that is circulating documents in which
tracked changes have not been accepted and comments removed is riding for a
fall. It's not necessary to remove them, however, in order to print without
them. In earlier versions this is done by switching the view from Final
Showing Markup to Final before printing or by choosing "Document" rather
than "Document with markup" in the Print dialog.