Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
superseba888 superseba888 is offline

Default Condition / field not recognized

Hello,

I have a word merged file. The datas are inside a table of an Access
database. The goal is to insert another word document if a condition
is TRUE.

Here is my syntax :
{IF prix_dev=EUR "{INCLUDETEXT "C:\\docs\\eur.doc"}" "The condition
was not verified"}

On 162 fields in my db, 150 have the value EUR inside prix_dev.
So the doc eur.doc should appear on 150 merged pages. (And then 12
with the "not verified" quote)

But ALL 162 pages have the quote "condition was not verified".

Just like the condition was always FALSE...
Same problem with excel file.

What's wrong ?
Thansk, vince.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Vince,

Try:
{IF{MERGEFIELD prix_dev}= "EUR" {INCLUDETEXT "C:\\docs\\eur.doc"} "The condition was not verified"}

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]