Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phdicole phdicole is offline

Default Can't remove line space

I converted a work project from WordPerfect to MicroWord which was
accompanied by endnotes.The endnotes on the MicroWord have a space between
each one which I cannot remove.I've deleted and added, cut and pasted, added
the next footnote to the end of the previous one and hit the Enter bar to
take it to the next line but it always skips a line by adding the unwanted
line space between each endnote.I'm at the point of making a separate file
for endnotes only to remove the space and tacking it on with the main text
later.Tks for any suggestions.
Here's an example of the space which I hope will appear to viewers here as
I type it:
1.Hanchett, William, The Lincoln Murder Conspiracies [ Urbana and Chicago:
University of Illinois Press, Illini Books edition, 1986], 85
Unwanted linespace here.
2.Kauffman, Michael W., €śJohn Wilkes Booth and the Murder of Abraham
Lincoln€ť in Blue & Gray Magazine, April, 1990. p. 56.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if the Footnote Text style has some Spacing Before/After. Check
this in the Format | Paragraph dialog. If that's the problem, you need to
modify the style, which can be difficult for Footnote Text because it's not
listed in the Styles & Formatting task pane, even if you display All Styles.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html for help.

"phdicole" wrote in message
[...]
2.Kauffman, Michael W., "John Wilkes Booth and the Murder of Abraham
Lincoln" in Blue & Gray Magazine, April, 1990. p. 56.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sure it is. In the Styles & Formatting pane, go to Show: Custom ...,
then Category: All Styles, and check Footnote Text.

Seehttp://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ModifyAStyle.htmlfor help.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which is what Shauna's article describes, but it's not something that occurs
to most users, who would generally expect "All Styles" to actually contain
all styles. Many such styles are not listed *by default,* which is what I
should have specified.