Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
textured textured is offline

Default problem with converting from this font...

plantin oup -- its the oxford university press font.

when i copy&paste a section from the oed (digital version of the oxford
english dict) into a ms word 2000 .doc it shows up fine, but if i try to
format it to match the rest of the doc, i get rows of unrecognized
characters. how can i reformat from e.g. plantin oup---times new roman?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

I have that font, and there's nothing odd about it as far as I can see. Try
using PasteSpecial Plain text.

"textured" wrote in message
plantin oup -- its the oxford university press font.

when i copy&paste a section from the oed (digital version of the oxford
english dict) into a ms word 2000 .doc it shows up fine, but if i try to
format it to match the rest of the doc, i get rows of unrecognized
characters. how can i reformat from e.g. plantin oup---times new roman?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
textured textured is offline

i tried both 'unformatted' and 'unformatted unicode' in the
paste special' options, and, while this renders the majority of the
characters visible, it still loses the accented latin characters and the
greek words... and these are mainly want i need.... any other ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
textured textured is offline

bump
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I just learned what that means recently. You send post the word bump all you
want but that won't change a darned thing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"textured" wrote in message
bump

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As is everyone else's question to them.

I've gone into Google Groups to look at your original question and Jezebel
gave you a suggestion. You want to change fonts, no big deal. But you want
to maintain certain characters that apparently aren't in Times New Roman.
You may have to do the conversion one word at a time.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I just learned what that means recently. You send post the word bump all
you
want but that won't change a darned thing.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"textured" wrote in message
bump

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

textured wrote:
im just tryng to get an answer to my question! its really important to me.

Where are you pasting _from_ exactly?

If that's a PDF, and the font is subset in there, you are lucky to get
any meaningful content in the first place (and w/o changing font).

I would try to ask the folks who did this online english dictionary
about suggestion, in any case.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

styles morphed into "default paragraph font para char" Sandra Salstrom Microsoft Word Help 8 April 4th 07 01:02 PM
Font Problem Ady Mailmerge 2 July 14th 06 12:20 PM
Table Autoformat problem with font colors Matt Tables 2 May 24th 06 01:29 PM
Deleting Old Versions of Fonts Lana A Li Microsoft Word Help 5 September 1st 05 09:51 PM
HTML in WORD 2000 - Problem with Font Sizes Doug Microsoft Word Help 0 March 2nd 05 01:19 AM