Dave Neve

Default Templates that don't open in Word

Hello

I have a problem which has got worse lately.

My templates refuse to open, whether it's the actual template (.dot) or a
document being created from a templat (.doc)

(However, docs once created from the templates are ok. In other words, it is
at the moment of creating a new document from a template)

The Norton Virus auto protect systems is triggered and Word opens, but the
new doc doesn't appear after the anti -virus stops working.

I've tried disabling the anti virus but much to my surprise, the auto
protect still was triggered.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Dave Neve

Graham Mayor

It is the Office plug-in that needs to be disabled. Not the anti-virus
software.

With some versions of the Norton product it may be necessary to unregister
the calling DLL by running the following command line from Windows Start
Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

Dave Neve wrote:
Hello

I have a problem which has got worse lately.

My templates refuse to open, whether it's the actual template (.dot)
or a document being created from a templat (.doc)

(However, docs once created from the templates are ok. In other
words, it is at the moment of creating a new document from a template)

The Norton Virus auto protect systems is triggered and Word opens,
but the new doc doesn't appear after the anti -virus stops working.

I've tried disabling the anti virus but much to my surprise, the auto
protect still was triggered.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Dave Neve

Dave Neve

Hi Graham

Sorry but I don't follow.

What plug-in and how do I disable it?

Thanks
"Graham Mayor" a écrit dans le message de news:
It is the Office plug-in that needs to be disabled. Not the anti-virus
software.

With some versions of the Norton product it may be necessary to unregister
the calling DLL by running the following command line from Windows Start
Run

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org