Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tome19 tome19 is offline

Default Change/Revision Bars in Two Column Format

One of my customers came to me with an issue that I was unable to resolve. He
was using change bars in a two column format. The bars appeared on the screen
okay but he was unable to print them to where change bars for both columns
appeared on paper.

My workaround was to overlay the change bars that didn't show with drawn
lines. Obviously this was not an optimum solution.

Is there a way to get all the change bars to print?
--
tome19

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Suzanne, I think this is a bona fide bug, and I can reproduce it, using the
default 2-column layout.

For instance, if you have tracked changes at the same vertical position in
both columns, and you have the change bar position set to Left, you'll see
one bar in the left page margin and another between the columns. This is
visible in Print Layout view and in Print Preview. When the page is sent to
the printer, though, only the one in the left page margin actually appears.

I'm using Word 2003 SP2 and a Lexmark laser printer, but I've seen similar
results on a Canon inkjet. I won't get a chance to try it on Word 2007 until
this evening.

I think tome19 is stuck with the workaround. At least there is one!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman