Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
schmargle

Default converting footnotes to endnotes

I have a medium-sized document (about 40 pages) that has a fair number of
footnotes. I'd like to convert all those footnotes to endnotes. I've tried
using the "insert" menu option and selecting "convert all footnotes to
endnotes." I've also tried going to the footnotes and right-clicking to
convert.

The problem is that when I do either of these things, the document tries to
repaginate itself, and it winds up creating thousands and thousands of pages.
Really. I've had this happen using Word OS X on a Mac and Word 2003 on Win
XP. The same thing happens in both cases. ...And it happens with multiple
documents. On Win XP, the document gets up to about 7,000 pages long before
it says that it can't go any further. If I try to hit "escape" during the
pagination, it changes to "Normal" view and, of course, the end notes are not
there. When I then change back to the "Print" layout, repagination starts
again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.