Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor wildetudor is offline

Default no control over space after end of bulleted list (style:ListParagr

I am using Word 2007 to edit a large document. In it, I would like the first
and last elements in my bulleted lists - which are formatted with the List
Paragraph style - to be well spaced from the rest of the text (what's above
and below it, which is usually formatted with the Normal style).

However, setting values for the Spacing Before and Spacing After parameters
under List Paragraph|Modify Style|Format|Paragraph, only spaces the *first*
element of the list from the preceding paragraph, and leaves the last element
of the list unspaced from the following, Normal-styled paragraph.

It's only if I use direct formatting on the last paragraph of the list that
I get the desired result, i.e. if I select the last element of the list, go
to Paragraph Settings and set the value for Spacing After parameter.

As a debugging method, I created a new document and reproduced the scenario
(Normal-styled paragraph, bulleted list, another Normal-styled paragraph) -
everything is as it should be with the space after the list!

What could be wrong with the settings in my document? Thanks for any help!

PS: here's a screenshot demonstrating the situation, with paragraph marks
enabled - http://www.badongo.com/pic/5386247
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Place a checkmark in the box for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the
same style"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.