Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Manish[_2_] Manish[_2_] is offline

Default Mailmerge issue

Hi
There is macro defined in one of the word document.

one of the line is
..Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
I am getting an error saying that requested object not found.I checked
under preferences and saw that microsoft word lib is checked.

Any ideas?
P.S I am not a developer.
Thanks for all your help

manish
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Manish,

The problem could be caused by an error in your coding earlier on. What's the the code for rest of this sub?

Cheers

"Manish" wrote in message . ..
Hi
There is macro defined in one of the word document.

one of the line is
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
I am getting an error saying that requested object not found.I checked
under preferences and saw that microsoft word lib is checked.

Any ideas?
P.S I am not a developer.
Thanks for all your help

manish

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Manish[_2_] Manish[_2_] is offline

"Manish" wrote in message . ..
Hi
There is macro defined in one of the word document.

one of the line is
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
I am getting an error saying that requested object not found.I checked
under preferences and saw that microsoft word lib is checked.

Any ideas?
P.S I am not a developer.
Thanks for all your help

manish

The thing is that the macro runs on all the machines except 2 of them.
So i am wondering if something is missing on those machines.
The rest of the code is

Public Sub MAIN()
With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument (fails here)
.Execute

End With
Documents("InvoiceCoversheetmm.doc").Close
SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
Rem ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:="C:\AMAPS\InvoiceCoverSheet.doc",
FileFormat:= _
Rem wdFormatDocument, LockComments:=False, Password:="",
AddToRecentFiles:= _
Rem True, WritePassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
EmbedTrueTypeFonts:= _
Rem False, SaveNativePictureFormat:=False, SaveFormsData:=False, _
Rem SaveAsAOCELetter:=False
Rem Dim Counter
Rem Counter = 0
Rem While Counter 1000000
Rem Counter = Counter + 1
Rem Wend
Rem Application.PrintOut PrintBackground = True,
FileName:="C:\AMAPS\InvoiceCoverSheet.doc"
Rem Application.Quit (wdDoNotSaveChanges)
End Sub

Thanks
manish
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Manish,

Well, if the code runs correctly on other machines, then there's a problem with the machines it doesn't run on - not with the code,
per se.

Have you tried running 'Office Diagnostics' (Office 2007) or 'Detect & Repair' (Office 2000 +) to correct any installation problems?
Have you also checked that the faulty PCs are fully updated with their Office installations? And, have you checked that the faulty
PCs have the same vba references set as the good ones?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Manish" wrote in message . ..
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will see this message if there is no MailMerge object in the document,
and that will happen if Word did not open the datasource.

At the moment I would say there are two strong possibilities why thiat would
happen on some machines and not others:
a. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765/en-us has been applied on some
machines and not others
b. Word updates are more up-to-date on some machines than others (a fairly
recent security update has altered Word's behaviour when it is opening
MailMerge documents).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Manish" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:55:21 +1000, macropod wrote:

Hi Manish,

The problem could be caused by an error in your coding earlier on. What's
the the code for rest of this sub?

Cheers

"Manish" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

MS fix for this issue [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 0 August 31st 07 05:08 PM
Markup issue LeahT Microsoft Word Help 5 January 16th 07 03:54 AM
Word issue when using Griz Microsoft Word Help 1 June 17th 05 11:35 AM
OLE Issue sumtop Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 05 09:11 AM
Issue with Data Sourde in Mailmerge ryankeast Mailmerge 3 January 29th 05 12:44 AM