Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names is offline

Default Okay, I give up -- where is it?

Just installed a new computer with Vista SP1 and MS Office 2007.

In MS Word 2007 I cannot find -- in spite of searching -- the
following functions:

-- Turn OFF the automatic bulleting -- that is -- I want to type (1)
in front of a paragraph but I do not want the following paras to be
(2), (3), etc. -- but Word insists on making a bullet list and I can't
find where to turn off this feature.

-- Where is the Help button/menu/function?

-- Is there a selection where I can dump the Word 2007 toolbars and
use the toolbars from Word 2003 -- which is what I am accustomed to??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names wrote:
Just installed a new computer with Vista SP1 and MS Office 2007.

In MS Word 2007 I cannot find -- in spite of searching -- the
following functions:

-- Turn OFF the automatic bulleting -- that is -- I want to type (1)
in front of a paragraph but I do not want the following paras to be
(2), (3), etc. -- but Word insists on making a bullet list and I can't
find where to turn off this feature.

From Word Help:
Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.
Click Proofing.
Click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
Under Apply as you type, select or clear the Automatic bulleted lists
check box or the Automatic numbered lists check box.

-- Where is the Help button/menu/function?

Click on the "?" at the right-hand side of the ribbon

-- Is there a selection where I can dump the Word 2007 toolbars and
use the toolbars from Word 2003 -- which is what I am accustomed to??

No. You can Google for third-party add-ins that will do so but my advice
is to get used to the ribbon - you'll find in the end it's far more
intuitive than the old menu bars. Don't forget that 2007 has the QAT
(Quick Action Toolbar) above the Ribbon and when you find a command that
you use frequently, just right-click it and choose "Add to QAT".

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

1. Word Options, Proofing Tab, AutoCorrect button opens the familiar
automate dialog.

2. See the miniscule question mark at the very top immediately beneath
the Red X close button.

3. Not at all easily. There's a 2003 to 2007 interactive guide linked
below that you can use either on line of download and install as a Word
add-in. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/tr...295841033.aspx

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names" wrote in message
Just installed a new computer with Vista SP1 and MS Office 2007.

In MS Word 2007 I cannot find -- in spite of searching -- the
following functions:

-- Turn OFF the automatic bulleting -- that is -- I want to type (1)
in front of a paragraph but I do not want the following paras to be
(2), (3), etc. -- but Word insists on making a bullet list and I can't
find where to turn off this feature.

-- Where is the Help button/menu/function?

-- Is there a selection where I can dump the Word 2007 toolbars and
use the toolbars from Word 2003 -- which is what I am accustomed to??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Jan 25, 1:01*pm, Gordon wrote:
Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names wrote:

Just installed a new computer with Vista SP1 and MS Office 2007.

In MS Word 2007 I cannot find -- in spite of searching -- the
following functions:

-- Turn OFF the automatic bulleting -- that is -- I want to type (1)
in front of a paragraph but I do not want the following paras to be
(2), (3), etc. -- but Word insists on making a bullet list and I can't
find where to turn off this feature.

*From Word Help:
[...]

Thanks -- I found the ? button and fixed the auto lists -- the ?
button is simple but finding the autocorrect as you type is a chore!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You beat me to that post. I was also going to send Kickin' the link to the
interactive site. I find that be be very helpful.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]