Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

Default Word 2006

Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sarah_Lecturer

Hiya!

You are going to get Word 2003 I imagine, as 2007 (aka Office 12) is only
available on Beta at present! 2006 doesn't exist (as far as I know).

Hope this helps

Sarah x

"drybones" wrote:

Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard

G'Day Drybones,

There is no such (released) product as Word 2006!

Office 2003 includes Word 2003, Outlook 2003, Excel 2003
and possibly Publisher 2003.

What the heck is being installed?

How the Heck do WE know!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Sarah and Pat have said, there is no Word 2006. Unlike Works Suite,
Microsoft Money, and some other applications you may be familiar with,
Office doesn't come out in a new version every year, and Office 2003 (Office
11) is the latest released version. Office 2007 (Office 12), expected to be
released in late 2006/early 2007, will be the next version.

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

A wee word of advice - Before calling the people a Dell names, make sure you
know what you're talking about. Perhaps the Dell employee had some less than
kind thoughts about you when you requested Word 2006.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drybones

JoAnn,
You are most correct in the normal sense and I stand corrected.
The individual I was attempting to talk to was obviously not from the USA
and
had 'much' difficulty replying to many clearly pronounced terminologies I
attempted to use even after repeating 2 to 3 times.

I sent off the original post because of the above.

I did cancel the computer. Next call, an English speaking individual with
the
ability to comprehend English answered and we were able to finalize the
purchase.

I do thank ALL responders for assist in this, I bow to your knowledge.
drybones

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard

G'Day Drybones,

I don't believe anybody here wants to be 'bowed' to (although a few
do seem to crave it).

We like to help - 'cos we often need help ourselves. The world is
mostly populated by real, living, suffering human beings.

It's a lot easier if OPs:
Do not go off half-cocked
Undertake at least a token amount of independent research (eg Google)
Offer a reasonable amount of clear information re their issue

Enjoy some Peace!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's rare that anyone ever uses my name and "normal" together. ;-)

I understand the frustration of dealing with people who's native language is
not the same as our own. My usual trick is to politely end the call and try
again. If I am fortunate, the next person I talk to will understand me a bit
more.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"drybones" wrote in message
Have new Dell computer on way.
It will have MS Office 2003 Basic Edition, Dimension, DHS installed.

I had asked for Word 2006 (verbally on the phone) when ordering.
I think I am getting Word 2003. sigh

What the heck is being installed?

Talking to Dell sometimes is like talking to a deaf mute.

Please advise me which Word product I actually am getting.

Thanks,
drybones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Suzanne,

Now just when you think things can't get confusing, while it is true that there isn't a Word 2006, there is,
a Microsoft Office 2006 edition

The Office 2006 Small Business Management Edition (not to be confused with the Office 2003 Small Business Edition g basically
contains

- MS Office 2003 Professional Edition (and the 2003 apps)

- MS Office Small Business Accounting 2006
and, it appears, but I've not been able to verify yet

- MS Office Infopath 2003 may also be included

(even though the website doesn't actually mention it g)

Unique to the 2006 Edition package is that it will recognize any Office 2003 edition package as a qualifier for upgrading

http://microsoft.com/office/editions...ess/management

It is available as retail and for sale by OEMs (new PC suppliers) but I haven't been following which of those suppliers offer it.

======================
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
As Sarah and Pat have said, there is no Word 2006. Unlike Works Suite,
Microsoft Money, and some other applications you may be familiar with,
Office doesn't come out in a new version every year, and Office 2003 (Office
11) is the latest released version. Office 2007 (Office 12), expected to be
released in late 2006/early 2007, will be the next version.

Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sheesh! Wouldn't want computer buyers to think they were getting out-of-date
software, would we?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...