Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gybálint gybálint is offline

Default I'd like to format only the bracketed texts in a huge document

Hello!

I'd like to format only the bracketed texts in a huge document, but no idea
how could I do it. My first try was to specialize the Find-Replace-options,
but there is no any tool to do it.

It'd be a great support of you, because the document is 180pages and about
50 bracketed text per page.

Thank you very much!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Find and replace will do it. Check the 'Use wildcards' checkbox. Find=
\(*\) Leave the Replace box empty, but set the formatting to whatever you
need.

"gybálint" wrote in message
Hello!

I'd like to format only the bracketed texts in a huge document, but no
idea
how could I do it. My first try was to specialize the
Find-Replace-options,
but there is no any tool to do it.

It'd be a great support of you, because the document is 180pages and about
50 bracketed text per page.

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I assure you that there is the capability in the Replace dialog to do what
you want.

First click the More button in the dialog so you can see the additional
tools there.

Depending on exactly what you mean by "bracketed" and what kind of
formatting you want, you may need to check the "Use wildcards" option and
formulate a search expression to match the desired text (see
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm).

You'll also need to place the cursor in the Replace With box and then click
the Format button at the bottom of the dialog. From there you can specify
font, paragraph, style, and other types of formatting to apply to whatever
text is found.

If you care to be more explicit about the characteristics of the "bracketed"
text (exactly what characters are the brackets, and are there any other
conditions?) and the formatting, we can give more help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

gybálint wrote:
Hello!

I'd like to format only the bracketed texts in a huge document, but
no idea how could I do it. My first try was to specialize the
Find-Replace-options, but there is no any tool to do it.

It'd be a great support of you, because the document is 180pages and
about 50 bracketed text per page.

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gybalint gybalint is offline

Thank you very much, you solved my problem in 2 seconds which made me puzzled
in the last two days.

Regards
balint from Hungary