Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen S. Karen S. is offline

Default why doesn't my document print the same for all users?

I am sending a newsletter written with Word 2003 to 53 users. A few of them
will have a problem printing. An example is, earlier today, I sent the
document for proofreading and the person printed the file and said that there
was large blank space at the bottom of page 2. There was not. I sent her
screen prints of pages 1-3 so that she could see what I was seeing.

What's causing this, and how can I let users know that I have created the
document as correctly as is possible? Tks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is she the only person who can't see that data?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Karen S." Karen wrote in message
I am sending a newsletter written with Word 2003 to 53 users. A few of them
will have a problem printing. An example is, earlier today, I sent the
document for proofreading and the person printed the file and said that
there
was large blank space at the bottom of page 2. There was not. I sent her
screen prints of pages 1-3 so that she could see what I was seeing.

What's causing this, and how can I let users know that I have created the
document as correctly as is possible? Tks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word formats a document based on the capabilities of the active Printer. As
a result, if a user has a different printer, they may get a very different
result, especially if you have used hard page breaks or formatted a
paragraph with a page break before it.

The only way to be sure that everybody sees the same thing is to convert the
document to a .pdf file and then send that to the recipients.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP