Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
morland morland is offline

Default Word 2007 File Open Window will not minimize

This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open window
is maximized and I can't resize or minimize it. Double-clicking on the title
bar doesn't work. The window usually jumps to a smaller size but immediately
pops right back to max.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob W Bob W is offline

Same thing has suddenly begun happening to me; I'm using Office 2003 but
about 3 weeks ago we installed Visio 2007. Can't be sure the problem began
right at that point, but I know it never happened before that. Word's
filepen window is maximized and there is no button to reduce or minimize
it...just a close button and a question mark button. No clue to why;

"morland" wrote:

This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open window
is maximized and I can't resize or minimize it. Double-clicking on the title
bar doesn't work. The window usually jumps to a smaller size but immediately
pops right back to max.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob W Bob W is offline

Also, opening Word in Safe Mode (Hold CTRL key down during word launch) has
no effect on the problem.

"morland" wrote:

This just started recently - whenever I select File Open, the Open window
is maximized and I can't resize or minimize it. Double-clicking on the title
bar doesn't work. The window usually jumps to a smaller size but immediately
pops right back to max.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
morland morland is offline

That doesn't work. If you'll not in my original post below I've tried
double-clicking on the title bar. Window pops down and back up full screen
in a flash. No chance to stop it popping back all the way to full screen.

Thanks for your help.

Marcia Orland