Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simonsur simonsur is offline

Default insertion point

my insertion point has a life of its own - usually jumps backwards to some
place in the text, so i ahve to find it and clck back to where i have been
typing
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 2 jan, 14:26, simonsur wrote:
my insertion point has a life of its own - usually jumps backwards to some
place in the text, so i ahve to find it and clck back to where i have been
typing

Are you by any chance using a laptop with a mousepad which is a bit
sensitive? Accidently touching it might make your cursor jump in all
kinds of directions.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simonsur simonsur is offline

Yes!
i am using the laptop, but i have been with this one for years, and the
problem occured just yesterday. i am trying to avoid the touchpad.. do you
know of any other way of making it less sensitive?
many thanks
simon

"p0" wrote:

On 2 jan, 14:26, simonsur wrote:
my insertion point has a life of its own - usually jumps backwards to some
place in the text, so i ahve to find it and clck back to where i have been
typing

Are you by any chance using a laptop with a mousepad which is a bit
sensitive? Accidently touching it might make your cursor jump in all
kinds of directions.

Yves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

"p0" wrote:
On 2 jan, 14:26, simonsur wrote:
my insertion point has a life of its own - usually jumps backwards to some
place in the text, so i ahve to find it and clck back to where i have been
typing

Are you by any chance using a laptop with a mousepad which is a bit
sensitive? Accidently touching it might make your cursor jump in all
kinds of directions.

Yves

The sensitivity of a touchpad can often be set somewhere in the
setting screen. On my Dell XPS laptop, I can find it under mouse where
I can click on the first tab and a new window opens with all settings
such as touchpad speed, touch sensitivity, ... But it changes from
manufacturer to manufacturer.

Yves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"p0" wrote:
On 2 jan, 14:26, simonsur wrote:
my insertion point has a life of its own - usually jumps backwards to some
place in the text, so i ahve to find it and clck back to where i have been
typing

Are you by any chance using a laptop with a mousepad which is a bit
sensitive? Accidently touching it might make your cursor jump in all
kinds of directions.

Yves

The sensitivity of a touchpad can often be set somewhere in the
setting screen. On my Dell XPS laptop, I can find it under mouse where
I can click on the first tab and a new window opens with all settings
such as touchpad speed, touch sensitivity, ... But it changes from
manufacturer to manufacturer.

Yves

Thanks a lot! i know what to do - looks like my synaptic pad touch driver is
not installed. i have just turned off the touch pad for time being and will
install the driver later.
thanks, your tip very helpful - i was stuck.
simon

text insertion point changed from vertical line to point, yuk. Dave Thomas Microsoft Word Help 2 September 17th 08 12:50 PM
Insertion point George[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 3 June 1st 08 05:29 PM
How do I set insertion point behavior? Josiah Microsoft Word Help 0 January 24th 07 12:02 AM
Insertion point artnlsn New Users 5 October 25th 06 12:31 AM
insertion point pmc Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 06:39 AM