Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeT

Default How to get completely rid of track changes in final version

I do a lot of professional editing, using Track Changes. I've recently
changed to Office 2003, and find that the new Word doesn't let me produce a
final version with all changes accepted. Every time I re-open the file, it
gives me 'Final showing markup' instead of 'Final'. This is extremely
inconvenient and causes serious problems when I return the edited file, which
risks being ublished with all markups visible. How do I stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Did you also delete all comments in the file?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MikeT" wrote in message
I do a lot of professional editing, using Track Changes. I've

recently
changed to Office 2003, and find that the new Word doesn't let me

produce a
final version with all changes accepted. Every time I re-open the

file, it
gives me 'Final showing markup' instead of 'Final'. This is

extremely
inconvenient and causes serious problems when I return the edited

file, which
risks being ublished with all markups visible. How do I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

If you are seeing the revision markups, then you haven't accepted the
changes. Changing the view simply hides them temporarily on your machine. To
remove the revisions you must use the "Accept All Changes in Document"
option on the dropdown menu beside the Accept button on the Reviewing
toolbar.

As I understand it, Word 2003 changed the default view to show markup in an
attempt to alert users to their hidden tracked changes. In practice, from
the postings we see here, it usually seems to mean that instead of a 50-50
chance of your recipients seeing your unaccepted changes it is now a
certainty.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"MikeT" wrote in message
I do a lot of professional editing, using Track Changes. I've recently
changed to Office 2003, and find that the new Word doesn't let me produce
final version with all changes accepted. Every time I re-open the file, it
gives me 'Final showing markup' instead of 'Final'. This is extremely
inconvenient and causes serious problems when I return the edited file,
which
risks being ublished with all markups visible. How do I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeT

Thank you very much. Obvious and simple once you pointed it out, but I hadn't
realised there was an Accept button. All solved.