Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jumbo

Default How do I change my margins from pts to cms?

The default for Word seems to have changed from cms to pts. What did I do?!
How do I change it back?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Specify the desired unit of measurement on the General tab of
ToolsOptions. If that doesn't help, take a look at
http://gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jumbo" wrote in message
The default for Word seems to have changed from cms to pts. What did
I do?!
How do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Might also be handy to know that regardless of what you have the default
measurement system set to you can enter the value in another. IOW, if even if
the default is set to "Inches" you can enter:

Points - 12pt
Picas - 2pi
Centimeters - 10cm
Millimeters - 32mm
etc.

Word will make the conversion.

Regards |:)

"Jumbo" wrote:

The default for Word seems to have changed from cms to pts. What did I do?!
How do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Note also that the conversion of a typed value does not occur
immediately. You have to close and reopen a dialog box to see the
converted value.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jumbo" wrote:

The default for Word seems to have changed from cms to pts. What

did I do?!
How do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jumbo

Terrific - solution is always so simple - and of course....why did I not look
there!! Goodness knows how these things get changed especially as I didn't
know where to find it - working in ones sleep is onviously dangerous - thank
you

"Jumbo" wrote in message
The default for Word seems to have changed from cms to pts. What did
I do?!
How do I change it back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom