Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PatS PatS is offline

Default Importing documents from an earlier version of Word

I'm just starting to use MS Office on a WINXP system. I have word97 documents
on a WINSE system that I'd like to keep on my current system. Is there a way
to import them -- such as sending them as emil attachments to the new version
and how do I do it?
--
PatS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Pat,

Why not just copy them? I'd imagine both systems have a 1.4M FDD, for example.

Alternatively, you could pull the HDD from the old box, install it in the new box alongside the existing HDD and have both HDDs
available - you could also use Windows Explorer to copy the files across from the old HDD to the new HDD, then remove the old HDD.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]