Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dannielle Dannielle is offline

Default Copying data from a protected document (document must remain prote

I have created a checklist document that requires certain fields to be
completed, however this template needs to be protected, as it will completed
by varying team members and I do not want the actaul main data on it to be
altered or accidently deleted etc, hence protecting it. My problem is this,
the original data on this document plus the answers to these questions needs
to be copied and pasted into another program. Currenlty when the document is
protected it does not allow for Ctrl A and the copy function is grayed out.
Is there anyother way to do this ? It is important that the document stays
protected in some format so that the original template information can not be
altered. thanks alot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need to run your copy routine from a macro that will unprotect then
reprotect the document
The principles are covered at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
You may find http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm useful also.