Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Cutler

Default File Open documents from a pre-set folder other than "My documen

I'm using Office 2003 standard edition; Windows XP Pro

When I open existing Word documents using File Open, I would like to have
the "Look in:" box start with a specific folder on my computer ("C:\ORLT\")
rather than "My documents" (which I never use).

Currently, I have to navigate to "Local disk (C" and then to the "ORLT"
folder before selecting the document I want to open.

Word 97 somehow allowed the File Open to always start at "C:\ORLT\".
Either it remembered from the previous session or there was a place to set
the default folder for "Open".

Thanks
--
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Cutler

Default File Open documents from a pre-set folder other than "My doc

Tony --

I had noticed the "File locations" tab before I posted my question, but was
afraid to mess with it.

Your suggestion worked.... Thanks
--
John

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Hi John,

Don't be afraid! You can't (at least in theory!) do any harm changing values
in the built in dialogs - (almost) whatever you do can be undone - and if
you get stuck, post the symptoms here and somebody will point you to the
right option. The more you use them, the more familiar you'll get with them.