Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Fillin Autonumber with mail merge

I would like to insert a Word Field fillin field that automatically starts
numbering at whatever number is enter in the fillin field.

The form I am using requires continuous numbers for certain sections:

Form 1
Section A - A1 - A16
Section B - B1 - B12

Form 2
Section A - A17 - A20
Section B - B13 - B16

etc.

I would like a fillin field that would prompt me to input a number to start
automatically numbering each line. Anyone have any suggestions?

Form 2 - A12-A15
Form 3 - A16-A20

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It's not completely clear what you are trying to achieve, but you might be
able to do something like

{ ASK SectionAStart }

then the following nested field (all the {} eed to be the special "field
braces" you can insert using ctrl-F9) for the first Section

{ SEQ SectionA \r{ REF SectionAStart } }

then the following field for all the rest:

{ SEQ SectionA }

If this doesn't make any sense can you try to spell out what you want in a
bit more detail, preferably with more examples?

Peter Jamieson