Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beach Lover Beach Lover is offline

Default Word 2007-Spell check is not finding spelling error in form field

I have a document that has been set up with fields to be filled in by
individuals; however, spell check is not finding spelling errors in these
field areas. I have unchecked the option to "Do not check spelling and
grammar" in the Set Languages option but it still is not checking the
spelling.....it is checking other things in the field. How can I get it to
check the spelling?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...ProtectDoc.htm helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beach Lover" wrote in message
I have a document that has been set up with fields to be filled in by
individuals; however, spell check is not finding spelling errors in these
field areas. I have unchecked the option to "Do not check spelling and
grammar" in the Set Languages option but it still is not checking the
spelling.....it is checking other things in the field. How can I get it
check the spelling?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beach Lover Beach Lover is offline

Default Word 2007-Spell check is not finding spelling error in form fi

The document is not protected.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See if http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...ProtectDoc.htm helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beach Lover" wrote in message
I have a document that has been set up with fields to be filled in by
individuals; however, spell check is not finding spelling errors in these
field areas. I have unchecked the option to "Do not check spelling and
grammar" in the Set Languages option but it still is not checking the
spelling.....it is checking other things in the field. How can I get it
check the spelling?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beach Lover Beach Lover is offline

I didn't create the document, but it is form fields.....just not protected
and the spell check is catching grammatical errors just not spelling errors.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See if http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...ProtectDoc.htm

helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beach Lover" wrote in message
I have a document that has been set up with fields to be filled in by
individuals; however, spell check is not finding spelling errors in

these
field areas. I have unchecked the option to "Do not check spelling

and
grammar" in the Set Languages option but it still is not checking the
spelling.....it is checking other things in the field. How can I get

it
check the spelling?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beach Lover Beach Lover is offline

I did some further checking and noticed that when I select the entire
document, go into Set Language and UNCHECK the "Do not check spelling and
grammar" box, it is not saving that change. And it appears that I must go to
each form field, select it and then go through the process of unchecking the
"Do not check spelling and grammar" box which seems ridiculous......there a
lot of form boxes in this document that must be spell checked. Please help!!!